New IBT Oracle NetSuite Functional Implementation Consultant
We recently did a rapid-fire Q&A session with Silvan to help you get to know the newest face behind IBT’s Oracle NetSuite implementations, customisations and support.
Silvan joins us after 3 years as a NetSuite Administrator (and before that as an SAP Consultant in Germany) in his adopted hometown of Brisbane.
His addition to our team means we’ll be able to service our clients face to face even more frequently – particularly QLD as Silvan is Brisbane based. An immediate extra help for our manufacturing and wholesale distribution customers is on the functional side of the business, particularly around procurement and planning.
The Human Face of IT – Q&A with Silvan
Read on for Silvan’s answers to our burning questions
Q: Your professional background highlights?
- Studied Supply Chain Management and Information Systems at university
- Worked 3 years as SAP consultant for Accenture in Germany (mainly working on a logistics template rollout at Mercedes)
- Worked 3+ years in Procurement/NetSuite Administrator for Canstruct in Brisbane
Q: What will you be doing for IBT NetSuite customers/ how you think NetSuite helps small to medium businesses?
- I’ll be helping IBT customers implement NetSuite but also help established clients understanding of how they can maximise the benefits from their existing NetSuite implementation.
- The beauty of NetSuite is that it is very user friendly, highly customisable, low maintenance and built to suit small and large companies. These factors make NetSuite a great tool to tackle unique challenges faced by small and medium businesses.
Q: IBT is Australia’s #1 Oracle NetSuite Solution provider for Aussie regional SME’s. Why are you excited to be working with Australian regional businesses?
- I’m excited to work with different businesses and its people that are probably as diverse as Australia itself.
Q: Any experience with regional business in Germany?
- Not really, only if you consider stacking shelves in a local grocery store 🙂
Q: Why did you come to Australia?
- My wife is Australian and after living together in Germany for 1.5 years we thought we would give Australia a try and haven’t left since
1. the weather (tons of sunshine and summer storms)
2. great variety of restaurants
3. proximity to the ocean and some mountains
Photo by Jesse Collins on Unsplash
Q: Hobbies/ adventures you’ve had?
- I love being outdoors, no matter if running, bike riding or hiking. I try to run a (half) marathon once a year to keep my sweet tooth in check.
Q: Favourite beer?
- Favourite beer: Augustiner
- Favourite Australian beer: Stone and Wood
Photo by Thais Do Rio on Unsplash
Need help or more information on IBT Oracle NetSuite?
Need to implement or upgrade your business management software platform? Or help with your existing NetSuite system?
Contact IBT’s Oracle NetSuite Practice Director, Alan Barton direct
0477 247 077
Watch our Video Explainer for an overview of IBT Oracle NetSuite