Mercer is one of the world’s leading firms for superannuation, investments, health and human resources consulting and products.
Supported by their global team of 23,000, Mercer Australia helps more than 28,000 clients create solutions that drive business results and make a difference in the lives of millions of people every day.
With this in mind, it is imperative that they support their staff and clients with up-to-the-minute data so that they can make timely, balanced and informed decisions.
The Needs / Challenges
- Capture changes in real time from an on-premises MS SQL Server instance to the Azure cloud
- Negligible impact to source business applications
- Must have visibility on processes currently executing, and executed, as well as audit logging and management
- Qlik Replicate – MS SQL Server to Azure SQL
- After successfully trialing Replicate for a proof of concept, the business quickly realised the benefits of real time change data capture
- Reports can now be run by the business users based on real time data
- Reduced a 3-day lag for mission critical reporting down to near real time