Unleashed data delivers previously unobtainable additional value
One of the largest and most complex nationally, this iconic department came to us with a long held, high priority goal.
1. modernise their reporting and analytical abilities
2. make use of streaming technologies for business users
Deploying Qlik Replicate, the change data capture tool, and other solutions, IBT is working alongside their team to successfully achieve this goal.
The initial migration – migrating data from DB2 zOS mainframe to Teradata & Kafka in real-time for downstream processing, was rated a great success. Business continuity and security were two key considerations.
IBT is now entrusted to assist their team with more data migration projects as the department continues on their digital transformation journey.
We are continuing to help them migrate their data from other data sources such as VSAM, Flat Files on z/OS, SAP HANA, SQL Server, DB2 LUW, Teradata, PostgreSQL & MongoDB.
Here’s a snapshot of the initial project brief and results achieved:
The Needs / Challenges
- Capture changes in real time from DB2 zOS mainframe replicating data to Teradata and Kafka in parallel
- Negligible impact to source business applications
- Must have visibility on processes currently executing, and executed, as well as audit logging and management
- Qlik Replicate – DB2 zOS mainframe to Teradata & Kafka
- After successfully trialing Replicate with DB2 LUW in the cloud we implemented change data capture in real time from DB2 zOS mainframe to Teradata and Kafka using Qlik Replicate. Following this the department have completed VSAM, flat files and are currently implementing SAP Hana and MongoDB all using the same Qlik replicate product.